Koen has more than 25 years (international) experience as a Strategy & Innovation Consultant/Entrepreneur in different roles (thought leader, program manager, interim executive, entrepreneur and coach).
He started at AT&T in EMEA-Headquarters and worked for two university spin-off organizations until he started in 1999 working for Capgemini Consulting (Vice President Strategy & Innovation).
In 2013 he founded Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship, a network organization for all forms of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. His personal activities consist of supporting Start Ups, SMEs, Global Corporate Companies and Non for Profit Organizations to create or improve the entrepreneurial capability of your organization. He understands that success is a matter of a holistic and lean approach of vision, strategy, structure and people dynamics putting into action. In all his work he’s able to show your business value growth and will leave you with better entrepreneurial skills. Last but not least it’s fun to work with him.
Beside his experiences working for more than 100 SMEs, he has dealt with large (international) innovation engagements for corporate clients such as DSM, Philips, AT&T, URENCO, Dutch Railway, KLM-Air France, LEGO, 3M and Public (and Non for Profit) Organizations. .
Entrepreneurship always aims at the same: increasing skills to adapt to changes in order to create new business opportunities.
He sees Business Innovation as the creation, development and capturing of a unique added value that customers adopt. Business Innovation always has the same aim: greater returns for the business and its environment through innovation.
He is a formal member of several non-executive boards for innovative companies and non for profit organizations. He shares his vision, ideas, inspiration and experiences at congresses, guest lectures at universities and columns on the internet.
- Strong ‘In-to-Action’ skills
- Personal & Group dynamic skills
- Strategy Analyse & Design
- New Business Models
- M&A, PMI, Incubators, Venturing, R&D effectiveness, New Product Development & Launch
- Kick-starting new organizations and new businesses
- University of Amsterdam: Design complex international organisations (Organisational Policies and Design) (NL) Master
- MIT, Boston: Promoting Innovation of Technology & Organisation (US) Summer Course
- HBS, Boston: Jumpstarting Innovation & New Ventures (US) Summer Course
- APICS: Certified in Production and Inventory Management (US)
The articles posted on koenklokgieters.com represent the vision and opinion of the author about the subjects. The views expressed in this blog accurately reflect the author’s personal views about any or all of the subjects and is not part of any other official company view.